Saturday, November 27, 2010

Book Chapter Discussion

My partners and I put a lot of thinking into how we were going to present this chapter to the class. After quite a while, we all agreed with the idea of jigsawing. We had remembered that a couple of weeks ago, Dr. Boyer had mentioned the idea of "jigsaw" and all thought it would be a great idea. As a team, I believe we put a lot of thinking and EFFORT into completing this task. It is important for me to present with my peers because it will allow me to interact with others as well as learn how to "pair teach." I believe this is an important part of teaching because we never know if we'll be alone or teaching alongside with another teacher.

As a future teacher, I believe it is important to read a chapter, then reread it to pick the important parts of it to use to present to the class. This is a task that will happen no matter where you end up in teaching. Knowing which parts to choose is always key to successful learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment